If any of you have maintained a blog for years, then you understand the realities of coming and going in your blog life due to literally anything else in the world. Although I have been in and out, I have (or at least tried to!) […]
This one goes out to all my fellow runners out there! How many of you have experienced the dreaded side stitch? I personally would rather have aching, sore legs during an entire run than experience a side stitch. I can push through sore legs. Side stitch? Not […]
It has been becoming more frequent that I listen to music while I go for my runs. Generally, I enjoy a no-fuss workout, just putting on my running outfit, grabbing my sunglasses and out the door. But when you increase your miles you need things like gels, an i.d., and sometimes a little music motivation to keep you running. (I recently bought this running belt that fits my entire phone, keys, and a gel pack. It’s amazing!).
That being said I still try to run without music sometimes because I enjoy listening to the world around me, hearing myself breathe and making sure I am alert with any cars or traffic going on. BUT, like I said, I have been enjoying the music as well. So over the past few months or so I have been compiling a “running playlist” that I think others will enjoy. Obviously this playlist can be used for any type of workout. I promise, it gets you pumped! I had to go through my songs while typing this list up, and I am ready to workout right now.
- I Got U (feat. Jax Jones), Duke Dumont
- Love for you, Kove
- Jubel (original mix), Klingande
- Running (Disclosure remix), Jessie Ware
- Cinema (feat. Gary Go)[Radio Edit], Benny Benassi & Garry Go
- Firestone (feat. Conrad Sewell), Kygo
- Ain’t Nobody (Loves Me Better), Felix Jaehn
- My Love, Route 94
- My feelings for you (original mix), Avicii
- Bootleg Fireworks (The Rebirth), Dillon Francis
- Faded, Zhu
- Streamers, Wave Racer
- Gold (Moon Booths Remix), Bondax
- Long Time (Benny Benassi Edit), John de Sohn
- Gecko (radio edit), Oliver Heldens
- Thinking about you (feat. Ayah Marar)
- Animaux, Kidnap Kid
- Lean On (feat. MO & DJ Snake), Major Lazer
- You Know You Like It, DJ Snake & Aluna George
- Revolution (feat. Faustix & Imanos And Kai), Diplo
- Okay, Shiba San
- Blame (feat. John Newman), Calvin Harris
- Electric Feel, MGMT
- I will be here (feat. sneaky sound system), Tiesto
- Lost You (feat. Twin Shadow & D’Angelo Lacy, Zeds Dead
I tried to put my most favorites at the top and my least favorites near the bottom… but it was hard. Regardless, I hope you enjoy most of these songs and add them to your workout playlist repertoire! Let me know what you think.
Now go workout!!
I am a new member of Sexy Fit Vegan! Check out Ella and her website, which includes recipes, educational tools, resources, and even an ebook on how to transition to a vegan diet. She’s all about fitness and a healthy plant-based diet and lifestyle. She’s […]
The ingredients vary depending how many servings you would like to make! Wash and then cut potatoes into thick wedges. Par boil for about 7 minutes. Then strain potatoes in strainer and transfer to a mixing bowl (large enough to fit all your potato wedges […]
Acaí bowls have become a serious staple to my diet! They are filling, nutritious, easy to make, and there are a ton of different ways to make them, allowing them to be delicious and satisfying every time.
Acaí Bowl Recipe
- frozen Acaí pack (I use an unsweetened kind and use only half the pack)
- 1 frozen banana
- About 1/2 cup other frozen fruit such as mango, peaches, strawberries, etc.
- a small amount of either almond milk, coconut water, or just water. [It takes a little practice in knowing how much liquid to use. I use a small amount and only add more if my fruit is not blending. You want the base to be the consistency of soft serve ice cream almost, so it’s not too “liquidy” and you can eat it with a spoon!]
- Other add ins like plant protein powder, ground flax, maca powder, spirulina.
After blending, put the base into a bowl and top your acaí base with:
- fresh fruit. Anything you’d like: pineapple, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, banana, kiwi. I try to switch it up but my favorite is strawberries blueberries and banana.
- nuts: I use raw organic walnuts and sometimes pistachios
- seeds: chia seeds or hemp seeds
- my other favorite toppings include: cacao nibs, coconut flakes, and raw organic honey
- other ideas: goji berries, bee pollen, granola, raw bars/protein bars cut up into small pieces
It’s fun to be creative and make designs or different combinations every time you make them! Talk about YUM!
Every time school starts up I tend to forget about my good friend WordPress. Not only that, I decided to take on a part time job which just recently opened this week, so we have been doing a lot of training. I have been busy […]
I’m not going to lie.. I make really good smoothie bowls! Showing off my new socks..but they really are not ideal for a long run. Need better cushioning! Just a photo op before I embarked on my 10 miler earlier tonight! My before and after […]
My 9 mile run this morning… not the best. = Nevertheless, I still logged in 9 miles! I refused to cut any miles, even if I had to walk a good portion of my workout (took me about 1 hour and 49 minutes!). Matter of […]