I’m sitting here on this gorgeous Saturday morning taking my first couple sips of hot coffee. If you’re a coffee lover like me, you know that bliss. There’s nothing like the smell and taste of hot coffee on a Saturday morning. But I had to travel […]
The ingredients vary depending how many servings you would like to make! Wash and then cut potatoes into thick wedges. Par boil for about 7 minutes. Then strain potatoes in strainer and transfer to a mixing bowl (large enough to fit all your potato wedges […]
Every time school starts up I tend to forget about my good friend WordPress. Not only that, I decided to take on a part time job which just recently opened this week, so we have been doing a lot of training. I have been busy busy busy. And also starting to fall behind in school. It doesn’t help that on Monday we had to put down our almost 15 year old dog, Brandy :(. I miss her every second of the day. Needless to say I was a little less motivated for school work this week. By today though I have cheered up a lot, probably because I was around a lot of good fun people at work. I am not beating myself up over a little slacking because I know things will clear up before I realize it. Here are some photos though, as always. 🙂
By the way, the new place I work at is a cold pressed juicing cafe which sells fresh organic juice, smoothies, acai bowls and some raw vegan food items. If you know me or read my blog often, you know this place is right up my alley. I truly believe one of the best things a person can do in their life for their soul is to follow their passion. This is what I am trying to do, and it feels right. The photo above was taken today of all our beautiful delicious juice!
This video is beyond amazing! It’s extremely informative and eye-opening. It just clicks and makes perfect sense. I really hope you have the time to watch this video, and if you don’t–make the time! Or watch it in intervals. It’s worth your time. 101 Reasons […]
I just found out my blog was nominated for the Sunshine Award! This turned my rainy and wet Thursday into an AWESOME Thursday :]! Try it Vegan was so nice to recognize my blog and nominate me as one of their favorites. Thank you!
Here are my answers to your questions.
- What is a favorite quote of yours? “If it doesn’t challenge you it doesn’t change you.” This applies to so many things in life! Remembering this quote turns frustrating obstacles into positive challenges, opportunities for me to improve!
- What are you on Facebook and Twitter? Unfortunately I do not have a Facebook or twitter account for my blog! This is something I should do, huh? :]
- What is your favorite time of day? First thing in the morning. There is something about starting a new day. I take the lessons I learned from yesterday and put them to work right away.
- What is your favorite holiday? It has to be a tie between Christmas and St. Patty’s Day. Christmas is more like a holiday season favorite.. the spirit lasts for a while. St. Patty’s Day is so much fun for day-drinking and good times :].
- What is your favorite non-alcoholic beverage? Fresh juice! I love me some kale, spinach, cucumber, beet, ginger, lemon and lime.. yum!
- What is your passion in life? Nutrition! I am always encouraging others to eat healthier and make healthier lifestyle decisions. People don’t realize what they are missing out on until they experience the benefits of true health!
- Name a vacation location that you have been to that would be a great recommendation for others? Italy! Rome and Tuscany. Rome was amazing with the culture and history and Tuscany was just absolutely beautiful!
- Do you have a unique way of eating a food that isn’t common? Omg… my friends and boyfriend make fun of me.. But I eat popcorn piece by piece by biting off any kernel on the popped corn. What’s left is the soft part. I save them in a bowl and then I eat all of the soft popcorn all at once. It MELTS in your mouth. Haha can’t believe I just admitted that! 😀
- How did your blog come about? I wanted to post as much information about nutrition as I could on one place for others. At first it was just an informational blog, but then I got into updating my vegan adventures.
- What is one thing that you want to learn about to improve your blog and would welcome suggestions? I want to start adding recipes of my own and others onto my blog. I haven’t quite learned how to organize it all! It seems like a lot of work.
And now another quick update!
This pretty little thing is called “Strawberry Dream”… more like strawberry heaven. Raw, Coconut, strawberry, and chocolate. My plan was to eat half, but I ended up slowly indulging bite by bite, until there was none left. Worth it.My superfood goodies that I always include into my smoothies. This was a pre-workout smoothie. Delish!