Salads are the easiest way to get in a ton of delicious veggies. They’re generally low in calories but high in so many essential nutrients among other awesome things, like protein, fiber, & antioxidants, depending on the ingredients you choose to use. Being so versatile and easy […]
Tag: raw vegan
I finally made it to whole foods this afternoon, and I was able to pick up my Spirulina powder (I missed you!) and a few other of my favorite items that I have been out of for a while. I swear by Spirulina. It’s truly a […]
Acaí bowls have become a serious staple to my diet! They are filling, nutritious, easy to make, and there are a ton of different ways to make them, allowing them to be delicious and satisfying every time.
Acaí Bowl Recipe
- frozen Acaí pack (I use an unsweetened kind and use only half the pack)
- 1 frozen banana
- About 1/2 cup other frozen fruit such as mango, peaches, strawberries, etc.
- a small amount of either almond milk, coconut water, or just water. [It takes a little practice in knowing how much liquid to use. I use a small amount and only add more if my fruit is not blending. You want the base to be the consistency of soft serve ice cream almost, so it’s not too “liquidy” and you can eat it with a spoon!]
- Other add ins like plant protein powder, ground flax, maca powder, spirulina.
After blending, put the base into a bowl and top your acaí base with:
- fresh fruit. Anything you’d like: pineapple, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, banana, kiwi. I try to switch it up but my favorite is strawberries blueberries and banana.
- nuts: I use raw organic walnuts and sometimes pistachios
- seeds: chia seeds or hemp seeds
- my other favorite toppings include: cacao nibs, coconut flakes, and raw organic honey
- other ideas: goji berries, bee pollen, granola, raw bars/protein bars cut up into small pieces
It’s fun to be creative and make designs or different combinations every time you make them! Talk about YUM!